Thursday, November 1, 2007

Oil Cleansing

I recently tried the oil cleansing method which can be found at http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/ . Oil cleansing just might prove to be one of the most beneficial, revolutionary, wow, beauty "secrets" I have ever come across. You might think that I'm being a little overzealous about this, but I am simply amazed. I have generally "good" skin. It is relatively problem free and when I drink plenty of water, and eat well some even say it glows. I have a simple routine of washing and moisturizing (with whatever oil or lotion I have on hand). Well, I have already tried "washing" my hair in oil, but for some reason it never occurred to me to use the technique on my face. I'm so glad I did.

I chose to use almond oil because it is fairly light and I had some on hand. Following the instructions in the oil cleansing article, I gently massaged the oil into my skin. The massage itself was very nice, like a mini facial. At this point, I could already tell this "secret" was going to change my skincare routine forever. I wet a white towel with hot water from the tap and proceeded to alternate gently wiping my face in a circular motion with rewetting the towel until the surface oil was removed from my skin(about 30 seconds total). And, as usual, I splashed my face with cold water to close the pores.

Initially, my skin felt clean and refreshed, and the massage, the massage was an indulgence that started my day off right. Throughout the day my skin retained a very light film of oil which gave me a dewy natural sheen that I love, love, loved (think Beyonce dewy). Who doesn't love "dewy." "Dewy" is soft, glowing and moist, in other words, beautiful. Need I say more?


-Nasirah

No comments: